You'll learn about human impacts on ecological interactions, the climate crisis, biodiversity and sustainability, as well as what we can do to manage natural resources in the face of changing environments.
The first three years of your Ecology and Conservation Biology course from University of Sheffield have the same structure as the BSc, with the fourth year devoted to a major research project in the field or in the lab, working alongside our world-leading academics.
- Alongside your specialist ecology and conservation modules, from your first year you’ll have the flexibility to study topics across the breadth of biology to complement your knowledge.
- Topics range from plant science, biotechnology and zoology, to neuroscience, genetics and physiology. This flexibility allows you to study ecology and conservation in greater depth, keep your interests broad or even switch to another degree programme within the biosciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Animal and Plant Science Tutorials
- Careers for Biologists
- Conservation Principles
- Plant Habitat and Distribution
- Population and Community Ecology
- Animal Diversity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Ecology Environmental Sciences View 127 other Bachelors in Ecology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including Biology and a second science + B in the EPQ; AAB, including Biology and a second science + B in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 36, 6 in Higher Level Biology and a second science
- BTEC | DD in Applied Science (with Distinctions in all Biology units if Biology not offered at A Level) + A in an A Level science
- Scottish Highers + 1 Advanced Higher | AAAAB, including a second science + A in Biology
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Biology and a second science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a Science Subject with 45 at level 3 including 39 credits at Distinctions to include Biology and a second science, and 6 credits at Merit. Applicants are considered individually.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.