Modules cover topics such as history, society, business and literature. There are lectures on specific themes which you will then discuss in seminars and tutorials. In the third year, you will research and write a 15,000-word dissertation on a topic of your choice, supervised by an academic.
- It isn't compulsory to learn a language on this course. But you have the option to take non-specialist modules in Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
- The East Asian Studies course at University of Sheffield doesn't come with a built-in year abroad, but you'll have the opportunity to visit East Asia in the second year of your studies as part of our East Asian Fieldwork module, which is funded by the department.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chinese Business and Management
- Contemporary Japanese Society
- Understanding Contemporary North Korea
- Environment and Development of the Japanese Islands
- History of Korean Popular Music
- East Asian Cinema
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 721 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | BBB + B in relevant EPQ
- International Baccalaureate | 33
- BTEC | DDD in a relevant subject
- Scottish Highers | AAABB
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AB
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall with Distinctions in 30 Level 3 credits and Merits in 15 Level 3 credits
International23650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.