Our graduates in the Chemical Engineering programme from University of Sheffield work across all fields of chemical engineering, including biological and pharmaceutical engineering and are well-equipped for a future in digital manufacturing.
We place significant emphasis on learning through practical experience. You'll develop practical skills and build up experience through lab work, projects and open-ended problem-solving.
- Our pilot plant gives you the chance to apply what you learn in lectures and labs on larger scale process equipment through hands-on experimentation. This unique facility is designed to prepare you for the challenges of industry.
- In your third year, you'll take part in a process design project, which will give you the design skills you need to succeed as a chemical engineer.
Accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and the Energy Institute (EI) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Chemical Principles
- Fluid and Particle Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Principles of Chemical Engineering
- Engineering with Living Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 189 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including Maths and a science or technology subject and excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking + A in the EPQ in a relevant subject
- International Baccalaureate | 36, 6 in Higher Level Maths and a science subject
- BTEC | DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A Level Maths grade A
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAAAB + AA, including Maths and a science or technology subject in both
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Maths and a science or technology subject
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with 45 credits at Level 3 with Distinctions in 39 Credits, to include Mathematics and science units, + 6 credits at Merit + Grade A in A level Mathematics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.