The Environmental Geography (Hons) course from University of Stirling seeks to make sense of our changing world. It’s unique in bridging environmental and social sciences, and in exploring the pressing human-environment issues of the 21st century.
We’ll turn you into an Environmental Geographer with the expert knowledge and skills to research, analyse and communicate how the changing environment affects our lives. Your ability to visualise geographical issues at different spatial scales, from global to local, and to offer solutions to our most pressing environmental problems, will ensure that you’re highly sought after by a wide range of employers.
What jobs can you get with an Environmental Geography degree?
Environmental Geography graduates are equipped with a unique combination of subject-specific and transferable skills, enabling them to develop their understanding of the relationships between environment and people. These skills, along with experience in fields like investigation, problem-solving, team working, communication and geographical information technology make you highly sought after by a wide range of industrial, commercial and public-sector employers.
- Our graduates progress to careers in environmental assessment and management, renewable energy, geographical information analysis, the insurance industry, conservation, charity work and overseas aid, geography education, sport and fitness-related work, sustainable development and environmental health.
- Our course will also give you the foundation for graduate entry to advanced postgraduate taught and research degree courses in the environmental field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Planet Earth
- People and the Environment
- Global Environmental Issues
- Landscape Evolution
- Biogeography: An Ecological and Evolutionary Approach
- Environmental Resilience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Environmental Sciences View 359 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AABB - by the end of S5
- AAAB - by the end of S6
- 30 points
To include one of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Mathematics or Physics.
- Widening access students may be eligible for an adjusted offer of entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Students from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland: £9,250
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.