The Department of Nursing, a department in the School of Health Sciences, Human Services, and Nursing, offers RN to BS undergraduate Nursing program from The City University of New York to a culturally diverse student body.
Upon Completion of the undergraduate program. students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the practice of nursing by applying knowledge from nursing science, the physical and human sciences, and the humanities to promote, protect, maintain and restore optimal health.
- Apply leadership and communication skills to affect change and effectively implement patient safety initiatives to improve and monitor the quality of healthcare delivery for diverse population.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic research process and evaluate nursing research outcomes in terms of applicability to professional nursing practice.
- Integrate best practices, clinical judgment, inter-professional perspectives, and patient preference in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes of care.
- Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
- Uphold ethical standards related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality,and client’s right to privacy.
- Explore the impact of socio-cultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare policy, delivery and practice.
- Articulate the unique nursing perspective in collaboration with other disciplines to optimize patient outcomes.
- Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations, using a human science perspective to promote health.
- Access inter-professional and intra-professional resources to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas and to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.
- Demonstrate professionalism, including demeanor, respect for self and others, and attention to professional boundaries.
- Implement holistic, patient-centered care across the health illness continuum, across the lifespan, and in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Essentials of General Chemistry Lecture
- Growth and Development
- Analysis and Action for Community Health
- Nursing as a Human Science
- Ways of Knowing in Nursing
- Professional Nursing Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1217 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- *Current Registered Nurse with an unencumbered nursing licensure and registration in New York State
- Completion of sixty (60) college credits with a grade point average of 2.5 or greater or an associate degree in nursing from a CUNY or SUNY school
- Official transcript(s) from all schools attended which also exhibits evidence of a college level course in Chemistry or successful completion of the following courses at Lehman College:
- CHE 114: Essentials of General Chemistry: 3 credits
- CHE 115: Essentials of Chemistry Lab: 1.5 credits
- A non-refundable $65 application fee. Payment can be made by check, money order, or credit card
- Official high school transcript(s) with proof of graduation
- Or GED diploma and GED scores
- SAT or ACT scores
- TOEFL score (International applicants only)
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.