There is a growing need for graduates experienced in the advanced diagnostic and molecular techniques that are revolutionising disease diagnosis and treatment in the NHS, Armed Forces, Industry, Academia and Research.
This Biomedical Science course from Bangor University, has been specifically designed in collaboration with local NHS clinical laboratories and has been accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science. Scientific and clinical staff from hospitals in North Wales will be involved in many aspects of teaching and many members of staff are prior practitioners.
CareersThis programme will give you the theoretical, practical and transferable skills which will be valuable across a range of employers. Examples of paths which our alumni have followed include: pharmaceutical industry, medical research, food science, public health, armed forces, forensic science and the degree is also accepted by many universities for postgraduate courses in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
- Molecules and Cells
- Key Skills in Medical Science
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Biomedical Practicals
- Human Physiology & Anatomy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Those received between 26 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS where places are still available.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 895 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCSE: Grade C/4 in English Language, Maths and Science, if not demonstrated by the Level 3 qualification. Offers are tariff based, 80 - 128 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification e.g.:
- A Levels (including Biology and at least one other science from Chemistry (preferred), Medical Science, Physics or Maths). Key Skills and General Studies not accepted
- WJEC Medical Science Applied Diploma and Applied Certificate
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: MMP - DDM (Biology and Chemistry modules required)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Including Biology and Chemistry (Preferred) at Higher Level
- Access: Pass required. Only Science or Bioscience diplomas provide the necessary pre-requisite knowledge
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- Extended Project Qualification.
- International Candidates: school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted from countries worldwide (subject to minimum English Language requirements)
International17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.