- East Asian Languages and Civilizations - General East Asian Languages and Civilizations students at the University of Pennsylvania will focus on either Chinese, Japanese or Korean language study within the major but are welcome to take content courses about multiple countries/areas.
- Students will be required to take six-semesters-worth coursework in one language: Chinese, Japanese, or Korean. Students who test out of lower levels will fulfill the requirement by taking courses at higher levels, as deemed appropriate by the Language Program Coordinators. Students whose level is so high that it is impossible to find enough offerings to satisfy the 6-CU requirement, will be allowed to select alternative content courses in coordination with the major advisor.
- Chinese Civilization
- Japanese Civilization
- Korean Civilization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 2727 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application & Penn-specific Essay
- Official High School Transcript
- School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Academic Teacher Evaluations (2)
- Early Decision Agreement (only if applying for Early Decision)
- Mid-Year Report
- Final Report
- SAT or ACT
- English language proficiency
International54652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54652 USD per year during 48 months.
National54652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54652 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.