The BS/MA in Criminal Justice Management from The City University of New York is designed to introduce students to the American criminal justice system, expose students to management issues and methods, introduce ethical considerations, and provide students with basic academic and management skills that are needed for supervisory and executive positions.
The Master of Arts
The John Jay Criminal Justice MA Program has a large, diverse, and celebrated faculty who provide students with an advanced understanding of research and practice in the US criminal justice system and related issues. Core classes provide a mastery of the major works and theories of criminology, policing, corrections, judicial studies, quantitative research methods and policy analysis.
What you'll study
Students are able to select from numerous electives to build a specialization in Criminology and Deviance, Criminal Law and Procedure, Police or Corrections Administration, and Terrorism Studies. Among the many available electives are courses such as Crime Mapping, Cybercrime, Crime Scene Investigation, Social Aspects of Alcohol and Drug Use, Homeland Security and Terrorism, and Criminal Law.
Students are also able to select electives to earn Advanced Certificates in Terrorism Studies, Crime Prevention and Analysis, and Criminal Investigation. The Program also allows interested students to participate in faculty research or undertake internships with criminal justice employers for credit.
- Information in Public Administration
- Writing for Management, Business and Public Administration
- Constitutional Law
- Leadership, Supervision and Performance
- Decisions in Crises
- Justice Planning and Policy Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Criminal Law View 2477 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ALL entering freshmen must apply to The City University of New York (CUNY) through the University Application Processing Center (UAPC).
- Request that all official high school transcripts be sent to UAPC
- If the student is a GED holder, photocopies of the GED scores and diploma must be sent to UAPC along with all high school transcripts. International students must also provide the following:
- Photocopies of secondary school documents/transcripts, mark sheets, and/or diploma
- A copy of the TOEFL exam, if applicable
- $65 non-refundable application fee
In addition to completing the online application, students must:
International19840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National19840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.