Environmental geography focuses on the physical environment and its effect on humans.
Understanding the integration of physical and environmental geography has never been more important than it is today to address the environmental challenges facing the world.
This Environmental Geography (with a placement year) (Hons) programme from the University of York covers aspects of physical geography such as sea level change, glacial and coastal environments and environmental hazards. It also covers other areas of environmental geography such as biogeography, Geographical Information Systems and sustainability. You'll have opportunities to study the human impacts on the environment through the study of natural resource management, environmental law and policy and environmental economics.
Careers and skills
Your degree in environmental geography will help you become a numerate graduate with practical, applied skills. You'll also learn to communicate clearly in written reports and during oral presentations. Find out more about careers and employability.
- Environmental conservationist
- Graduate policy analyst
- Flood risk officer
- Graduate environmental consultant
- Environmental engineer
- Oil and gas analyst
Accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis for Environmental Research
- Dynamic Earth
- Ecological Principles for the Environment
- Environment, Development and Society
- Environment Field Project for Environmental Geography and Environmental Science
- Environmental Geography Research
- Physical Geography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 377 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB including Geography or Geology plus a second science (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology or Life and Health Sciences)
Access to Higher Education Diploma
- 36 credits at Distinction and 9 credits at Merit or higher
BTEC National Extended Diploma
- DD in the BTEC National Diploma plus A level Geography or Geology.
- D3, D3, M2 including Geography or Geology plus a second science (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology or Life and Health Sciences)
- 80% overall including Geography or Geology plus a second science (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology or Life and Health Sciences)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.