Media plays an important role in reflecting, influencing and even shaping modern life and can be world-changing.
This exciting Media Studies and Production With Foundation Year degree from Bangor University, spans the breadth of Media Studies, including: television and radio, film and video, digital media, journalism, public relations and media practice. Skills and techniques learnt during the study and production of audio-visual material lie at the core of many of the key areas in the creative industries.
As well as developing an understanding of media production and the context behind this, students will be practising a number of highly desirable transferable skills. Our students have therefore progressed to careers in areas such as the creative industries, and the creative media in particular, education and the public sector, and marketing and public relations.
Several graduates go on to develop their work further with us through a period of postgraduate study, where once again the School offers a combination of critical and creative approaches to the study of media and media practice.
- You will be attending lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops and viewing sessions, and undertaking both practical and theoretical tasks.
- Media Practice modules focus on three main areas: film and TV production, radio production and digital media more generally.
- Practical modules will be assessed both on the practical output and on the individual’s ability to reflect critically on their practice.
- Modules on the history and influence of the media, and media culture, are assessed by examinations and assignments, but assessment methods will vary according to the modules that have been chosen.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Those received between 26 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS where places are still available.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia Media Studies & Mass Media View 269 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Offers are tariff based, 48 -80 tariff points, from Level 3 qualification(s) e.g.
- A Levels (including: AS-levels, General Studies)
- International Baccalaureate
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- BTEC Diplomas and Certificate are accepted and Cambridge Technical Diplomas / Certificates
- Cambridge Technical Diplomas and Certificates
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Diplomas
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted
- Scottish Highers
- Irish Leaving Certificate is accepted
- We also welcome applications from mature applicants.
International15250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.