As a student of history, you also discover both the early modern and modern periods, and explore challenging questions concerning the impact of political, social and cultural change on individuals, social groups, and regions. At Essex, we teach you to find your own critical voice, and to view history through the eyes of ordinary people, giving them the voice they often lacked at the time.
Studying theatre and drama at Essex enables you to examine some of the most influential play-texts ever written, and to be ready to take part in shaping the essential performances of tomorrow. This degree is a chance to unlock and explore your creativity. You will be performing and producing work in the professional context of our state-of-the-art Lakeside Theatre, and will be developing a wide range of creative, critical and practical skills that will open the door to a future in the theatre, cultural industries or a wide range of other graduate careers.
Your future after the History and Drama degree at University of Essex
The skillsets developed at Essex have seen our students find success in the performing arts and a range of creative and heritage industries including journalism, museum and archive services, librarianship, television production, broadcasting, radio presenting, gaming, magazine editing, copywriting, press relations and marketing, as well as in business, commerce and law. You will also be equipped to take on roles within government and the Civil Service, teaching, charitable organisations and finance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rebellious Pasts: Challenging and Creating Histories
- History Works: Career Portfolio
- Exploring History: Research Workshop
Theatre and Performance Makers
- Theatre Making: Autobiography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Theatre & Dance View 1065 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: BBB
- BTEC: DDM, depending on subject studied - advice on acceptability can be provided.
- IB: 30 points or three Higher Level certificates with 555
- We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Exact offer levels will vary depending on the range of subjects being taken at higher and standard level, and the course applied for. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for more information.
- Access to HE Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
- T-levels: Distinction, depending on subject studied - advice on acceptability can be provided.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.