The Linguistics Centre at Jawaharlal Nehru University is known for having had expertise in Field Methods, Semiotics and Indian linguistic tradition for the past several years.
- Some of the other areas of research by the faculty include language typology and sign language, with bio-linguistics being an emerging area of some common interest.
- The research conducted in the centre has resulted in descriptive grammars of some of the lesser known languages of Indo-Aryan, Dravidian, Austro-Asiatic including Munda, Tibeto-Burman and Andamanese.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language in Society
- Language Learning
- Historical and Comparative Linguistics
- Semantic Theories and Analysis
- Readings in Linguistics
- Linguistics, Language & Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.