Why study Chemistry BA/PharmD at UB?
The Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: for students who are interested in careers in other fields and need a flexible curriculum to allow for courses meeting requirements outside the chemistry degree.
The doctor of pharmacy degree, also called the PharmD, is a professional degree that enables one to work as a pharmacist, interacting with patients and other health care practitioners about medications.
Program Learning Outcomes
To achieve the mission of the Chemistry program of the University at Buffalo, students must develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable them to competently perform these functions. The following outcomes reflect the terminal skills that all UB PharmD graduates should be able to demonstrate upon program completion.
- Patient/Pharmaceutical Care
- Medical and Science Foundations
- Practice Based Learning and Improvement
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Systems Based Practice and Management
Career OutlookPharmacists are the drug experts among health professionals. They understand how a drug heals and how it can hurt, how it reacts with foods and other drugs. They know its desired effects and its side effects. Tens of thousands of medications, herbals and supplements are available in the United States, and particularly because of the newer more potent drugs that have highly specific cellular targets, the management of drug therapy is one of the most important challenges in health care.Pharmacy is a well-respected profession for individuals with an aptitude in science and a desire to apply their knowledge of drug therapies to patient care in a variety of settings.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry for Life Sciences
- College Physics
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharm Calculations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 120 other Bachelors in Pharmacy in United States
- Admission to UB’s freshman class is selective and is based in part on the quality of your secondary school academic record and the number of spaces available in the class
- You should feel confident applying to UB if you have an above-average academic record and have taken challenging courses in high school to help prepare you to be successful at university
- UB uses a 4.0 grading scale and we expect students applying here to have the equivalent of a 3.0 on that scale. That is the same as a grade of B or 83 on a 100-point scale
- English language requirements
- Personal Essay
- You must submit one (1) teacher recommendation
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.