Graduates of the Power Engineering programme at the Silesian University of Technology have knowledge in the field of broadly understood power engineering and the latest energy technologies. They know the possibilities and the modern state of technology in the field of practical use of solar, wind, water and geothermal energy to meet the growing energy needs of cities, housing estates and individual houses. They also have knowledge of the basics of diagnostics and operation of energy machines and devices as well as the principles of energy management in large industrial plants, small businesses and municipalities.
Graduates are prepared to work in companies operating in the field of energy systems and companies related to the production, processing, transmission and distribution of energy. They can be specialists in the field of energy problems in local government units.
- The studies prepare for work in power plants, combined heat and power plants and many other companies in the field related to energy problems.
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- After the amount of application fee is credited to the University account, the documents are checked for formal terms. The Admission Office verifies whether the certificate or diploma entitles to undertake studies at the chosen level, whether the language certificate is at the required level, and the authenticity of the documents is also checked.
- In the next step, the documents are sent to the Faculty Coordinator of the chosen field of study. This is where the substantive evaluation of the documents takes place. The grades for individual subjects are also converted. Each application is considered individually. It is the Faculty Coordinator who decides whether or not to qualify a candidate for studies. On the basis of a positive decision of the Coordinator, the Admission Office prepares a conditional acceptance letter with payment information of tuition fee for the first semester of study.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 42 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 42 months.
- Tuition fee (1500€) for 1st semester (6 450 PLN) for each subsequent semester
Living costs for Gliwice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.