Turning your passion into your job – a dream, especially for sports enthusiasts. Basketball has much more to offer than sports entertainment, and no one knows this better than ALBA BERLIN, one of Germany’s most successful basketball clubs. As an expert in the professional sport you love so much, you’ll understand opportunities and prospects inside and out and prepare global players, such as the German number one, for the challenges of the future.
University of Europe for Applied Sciences focuses on your development. That's why in the Sport and Event Management dual at ALBA Berlin College at University of Europe for Applied Sciences we teach in small learning groups and in a friendly and personal atmosphere. You will be taught by renowned lecturers with both scientific and business backgrounds. You will study at a campus that is centrally located, equipped with the newest technology, and known for its international and English-speaking character.
At the University of Europe for Applied Sciences you even get the possibilty to actively shape your studies and your career path. Depending on your personal career goals, you will select your own specializations and choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects. For example, the optional specialization in Basketball Management opens doors for you to professional sport career opportunities around the world. This is a unique offer in all of Europe which guarantees that you will be perfectly prepared for the job market of tomorrow.
As a Sport or Event Manager, you can expect a career with constant new challenges. Whether it is a sport event, a fashion event or an exhibition– creativity, good project management and basic business know-how are key factors for success.
You might be working in the marketing & sales department of an international company developing campaigns or PR activities for big sport brands. Or you might be working for a sport club or event agency, organizing large sport events, managing artist bookings, or sponsorships.
Typical areas of work include:
- Clubs, federations (e.g., UEFA, FIFA) and leagues (e.g. Beko Basketball Bundesliga)
- Sport marketing agencies (e.g., Lagadère Sports and Infront)
- Event agencies (e.g., Vok Dams or Jack Morton Worldwide)
- Sponsorship, PR and event marketing departments in big companies (e.g., Red Bull, VW, Bayer or Carlsberg)
- Event location management (e.g., Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin, The O2 in London)
- Sporting goods industry (e.g., Nike, Adidas, Puma)
- Fairs and congresses (e.g., International Motor Show IAA at Hannover Messe, International Green Week at Berlin Messe)
- Music & film festival management.
This programme is available at the Berlin study location.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Business Administration
- Corporate Management
- Event Production
- Resources Management Sport
- Ticketing & Hospitality
- Planning cultural & social events
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Event Management Sports Sciences View 4 other Masters in Sports Management in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application (including CV and motivation letter)
- Certified copy of your secondary school diploma
- Admission test
- Personal interview with the admission commission (University of Applied Sciences Europe professor & ALBA BERLIN representative)
- Good English language skills
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9420 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA9420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9420 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
You can apply for a partial scholarship for the length of one semester. The selection process is managed by the university. Other options are school loans with flexible monthly payment options from financial institutions.
The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) is state-recognised and students therefore have various possibilities to finance their studies. One of these options is to apply for a scholarship.
UE offers its applicants several university scholarships to financially support the tuition fees, but there are also numerous external providers.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.