Program Learning Outcomes
During the BS portion of the Biological Sciences program of the University at Buffalo, students will develop a broad background in the biological sciences and achieve an understanding and appreciation of basic biological concepts and principles. They will become proficient in five broad areas of biology: evolutionary biology, cell biology, physiology, biochemistry and genetics.
A degree in Biological Sciences is the gateway to a wide variety of careers and provides a deep and broad background for success in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.
Pharmacists are the drug experts among healthcare professionals. They understand how a drug heals and how it can hurt, how it reacts with foods and other drugs. They know its desired effects and its side effects. Tens of thousands of medications, herbals and supplements are available in the United States, and particularly because of the newer more potent drugs that have highly specific cellular targets, the management of drug therapy is one of the most important challenges in health care.
Pharmacy is a well-respected profession for individuals with an aptitude in science and a desire to apply their knowledge of drug therapies to patient care in a variety of settings.
- General Physiology
- Biological Chemistry
- General Physics
- College Physics
- Communicating in Biological Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Genetics View 3094 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
- Admission to UB’s freshman class is selective and is based in part on the quality of your secondary school academic record and the number of spaces available in the class
- You should feel confident applying to UB if you have an above-average academic record and have taken challenging courses in high school to help prepare you to be successful at university
- UB uses a 4.0 grading scale and we expect students applying here to have the equivalent of a 3.0 on that scale. That is the same as a grade of B or 83 on a 100-point scale
- English language requirements
- Personal Essay
- You must submit one (1) teacher recommendation
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.