The Department of Art Education was established in 1951 when Mr. Abul Kalam laid the foundation of the Arts Institute at the Jamia Millia Islamia. The objective was to impart training to art and craft teachers in the modern concept and methods of art education.
- The Department of Art Education believes that creativity pursue a forecasting pattern, it appears early in life and gradually develop perfection. The offered course is focused on methods of discovering potential creativity so that it can be given an opportunity to develop.
- The concept of this course is to impart comprehensive understanding and knowledge about different aspects of teaching art to children at all age and educational levels. Having such specific objectives students are trained to explore themselves as an art teacher and as well as professional practicing artist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The bachelor’s as well as the master’s course is designed with full awareness of the necessity of an art teacher to be familiar and well trained in the understanding to the art process that they will impart to students as art teachers/educators/artist. though one can instantly notice overlaps between Fine Arts & Art Education courses offered to students at the Master’s and Bachelor’s level, on close look, the focus and purpose of both these streams vary and take somewhat a different path.
- While the art education courses apart from practicing art, will focus heavily on the pedagogy of teaching art for instance, on how to teach art, what constitutes art, what are the evaluative criteria in art and how ‘art exercises’ and ‘art teaching’ can be made more engaging and relevant at the school/college level.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various faculties and centres of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI (Except B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS, any other), and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components.
- For B.Tech., B.Arch., admission is offered to eligible candidates as per merit on the basis of the final ranks of candidate in JEE Main 2021. Admission to BDS program shall be on the basis of merit in NEET-2021 and conducted by Medical Counselling Cell (MCC) of D.G.H.S. GoI. In case of any vacancies transferred to JMI by MCC, the University shall publicize them on its website.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/ admission.
International119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 36 months.
National119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.