The Asian And Asian American Studies program from The City University of New York must be approved by the chairpersons of the appropriate departments and the Office of the Associate Dean, Weissman School of Arts and Sciences. Students interested in including Asian and Asian American studies courses as part of this major should arrange to meet with a faculty advisor.
The interdisciplinary concentration in Asian and Asian American studies introduces students to the methods and concerns of a wide spectrum of disciplines: anthropology, art history, history, linguistics, literature, political science, and sociology. Recognizing the importance of Asia in the international context and the impact of Asian American communities on U.S. society, Asian and Asian American studies prepares students to participate in an increasingly diverse and globalized society.
- Capstone Course: Critical Issues in Asian and Asian American Studies
- Film and Moving Image Culture in Japan
- Chinese Immigration in Global Perspective
- A Survey of Asian History
- Topics in Asian and Asian American Studies
- Asian American History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies American Studies View 3185 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School transcript/diploma or equivalent
- Overall Grade Point Average and success in individual subjects
- Curriculum rigor
- College essay (recommended)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Evidence of demonstrated leadership and intellectual curiosity (recommended)
- Official English Translation of Foreign Records
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for students requiring an F-1 or J-1 visa) – As an alternative, we are currently accepting the Duolingo English Exam.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.