The online Accelerated Nursing program at University of Massachusetts Boston allows you to become a baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse in 12 months.
- Study with instructors specially trained in online, concept-based learning and experience face-to-face, state-of-the-art simulation and live clinical experiences.
- The Pre-licensure Nursing program maintains Full Approval Status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
- Undergraduate Nursing Program Objectives At the completion of the undergraduate nursing program in the Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Boston, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate evidence-based nursing assessments and interventions to coordinate and manage complex health care concerns for chronically ill and acutely ill individuals and families across the life span.
- Evaluate patient-centered, culturally sensitive care delivered within complex health care systems.
- Analyze effective communication, teamwork, and collaboration strategies to address the concerns of diverse urban populations within complex healthcare systems.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes of health promotion and disease prevention for urban populations along the health-illness continuum.
- Create a culture of quality and safety in nursing practice for chronically ill and acutely ill members of urban populations.
- Integrate informatics for obtaining and utilizing best evidence and clinical judgment to achieve patient outcomes in contemporary professional nursing practice.
- Utilize current ethical and legal standards and health care policies to guide nursing practice and professional development.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Pathophysiology and Pharmacology for the Nurse
- Assessment and Health Promotion
- Applying Nursing Process
- Healthcare Participant
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Concepts of Health and Illness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Nursing View 14 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Massachusetts Boston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission applications through the UMass Boston Web Application or the Common Application
- Apply as a “transfer student” and select “Accelerated Nursing” as your major
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Bachelor’s degree conferred by the application deadline
- External evaluation for foreign coursework
- Accelerated nursing prerequisite form - will be made available in your Beacon Gateway portal once you submit your admissions application
- Two Short Essays
- Two Recommendation Letters
- $60 application fee
International69240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 577 USD per credit during 12 months.
National69240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 577 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.