Why study computing?
Information technology is integral to our lives. It helps us build economies, make scientific breakthroughs and transform organisations.This requires professionals with a solid understanding of computing and how best to apply it to practical problems.
Why UWE Bristol?
- Learn hands-on techniques for programming, system design and system administration. Explore computer and network systems, web programming, software engineering and programming using C, C++ and Java.
- Develop an awareness of ethical and professional issues, and learn valuable entrepreneurial skills.
- Gain the technical skills to design, develop, and maintain software such as internet systems, databases, computer networks and embedded systems.
- This Computing (Hons) programme from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is supported by UWE Bristol's engineering and computing partner employers.
- Hear from visiting industry professionals and apply learning through hands-on projects that solve real-world problems.
- Work a placement year in an organisation related to your specialisms and graduate with the experience you need to succeed.
Where can it take me?
As a graduate, you'll be able to analyse and model computing applications in a range of areas.
Careers include software engineering, web and software development, embedded systems, systems design and administration, and secondary school teaching.There are also careers in technical support for sophisticated computing systems and their advanced applications.
- Web Programming
- Programming in C
- Principles of Computing
- Data, Schema and Applications
- Internet of Things
- Operating Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 232 other Bachelors in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required. Please list the units you are taking in your application. For further advice on acceptable units please email us.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
International13250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 EUR per year during 36 months.
National9250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 EUR per year during 36 months.
£13,250 and £15,750 for international students
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.