In addition to the 5-year BNurs curriculum, students in the Nursing Advanced Leadership Track from The University of Hong Kong will have the opportunity to articulate to either HKU Master of Nursing (MNurs) or HKU Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
What You’ll StudyStudents will go through the 5-year BNurs curriculum before taking the MNurs and MBBS articulation pathways.
The BNurs curriculum provides comprehensive and holistic nursing education and nurture generic nurses who will be able to work as competent practitioners in various health care settings.
Articulation to Master of Nursing (MNurs)
Students shall be admitted to the 1-year part-time MNurs study, upon successful completion of the 5-year BNurs programme, and shall be able to complete one Bachelor’s Degree and one Master’s Degree in Nursing in 6 years.
Articulation to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Students shall be admitted directly to MBBS Year 2 and exempted from the Year 3 enrichment year requirement, upon successful completion of the 5-year BNurs programme with first class honours, and shall be able to complete 2 professional degrees in 9 years.
Leadership Development Programme
A Leadership Development Programme, which is specifically designed for BNurs-ALT students, offers opportunities for them to acquire professional development skills for advanced performance and to cultivate leadership skill sets via experiential learning experience. Students will also be assigned a designated professoriate staff and an experienced nurse leader as personal mentors, who provide advice and guidance throughout the BNurs-ALT study. Students can learn from the great minds, expand their personal networks and widen their horizon.
Graduates will be eligible to advance their leadership skills in the respective domain as advanced and specialised nurse or nurse-physician in the healthcare sector via the articulation pathway to MNURS or MBBS respectively.
- Life Sciences
- Health Psychology
- Nursing of Adults
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Critical Care and Emergency Nursing
- Ethics, Law and Professional Issues
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should provide proof of achievement in an international examination (IB Diploma, GCE A Level, SAT / ACT / AP, etc.) or a national examination (Indian Board Examinations, ATAR, Canadian provincial examinations, etc.), together with the English language and the second language proficiency to apply to the University.
- Meanwhile, some programmes have programme specific requirements, which are listed on our Admissions Standards page. Please note, however, the Admissions Standards are information for students to assess their competitiveness for our various programmes. It should not be interpreted as a guarantee for admission.
- Applicants to the University are required to demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English.
International21807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21807 USD per year during 60 months.
National5369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5369 USD per year during 60 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per year
- Non local: 171,000 HK$ per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.