The Early Childhood Education and Special Education curriculum from The University of Hong Kong fully integrates early childhood and inclusive education to prepare you to effectively recognise and acknowledge children’s diverse needs and support both typical and atypical development. Combine rigorous academic study and experiential learning to earn a hands-on education across five years of study.
Following graduation, you can apply for registration as a qualified kindergarten teacher, a child care worker and supervisor under the Child Care Services Regulations. You will be considered as having acquired training on the One-year In-service Course in Special Child Care Work recognised by the Social Welfare Department. You will also be considered to have met the academic qualifications required as a kindergarten principal.
Graduates may take up teaching positions in kindergartens and child care centres, and special child care centres. Others may pursue administrative positions in NGOs, family and children agencies, and other academic institutions. Alternatively, you can consider research opportunities in tertiary institutions or other organisations.
- Early Care and Education of Infants and Toddlers
- Physical and Social-Emotional Development, Guidance and Counselling of Young Children
- Supporting Children with Cognitive, Sensory and Physical Needs
- Integrated Curriculum and Inclusive Pedagogy in Early Childhood Education
- Assessment and Intervention in Early Childhood Settings
- STEAM in Early Childhood Education
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 3 other Bachelors in Special Education in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should provide proof of achievement in an international examination (IB Diploma, GCE A Level, SAT / ACT / AP, etc.) or a national examination (Indian Board Examinations, ATAR, Canadian provincial examinations, etc.), together with the English language and the second language proficiency to apply to the University.
- Meanwhile, some programmes have programme specific requirements, which are listed on our Admissions Standards page. Please note, however, the Admissions Standards are information for students to assess their competitiveness for our various programmes. It should not be interpreted as a guarantee for admission.
- Applicants to the University are required to demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English.
International21807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21807 USD per year during 60 months.
National5369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5369 USD per year during 60 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per year
- Non local: 171,000 HK$ per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.