Our Biochemistry with a Year in Industry students at University of Sheffield have found placements at global pharmaceutical companies such as GSK, Pfizer and Unilever, but your placement doesn't have to be in the lab. You could look outside the bioscience industry in areas including market research, communications or business development.
- A placement is a great opportunity to test out a career path and many students are offered a graduate-level job at the end. You'll pay reduced fees for the year you're on placement and you'll still have the support you need from your tutor and the University.
- During your time at Sheffield, you'll study proteins, enzymes, hormones and receptors and learn about the various ways that biochemistry can be applied to major challenges affecting humanity today, from how we sustainably feed a global population, to healthy ageing and how new drugs are designed.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Practical Molecular Bioscience
- Biostructures, Energetics and Synthesis
- Genes, Genomes and Chromosomes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 668 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Chemistry and another science + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Chemistry and another science + A in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, with 6,5 in Higher Level Chemistry and another science
- BTEC | Interim-Reformed: DD in Applied Science + A Level grade A in a science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Human Biology, Physics, Psychology, Maths and Further Maths) + interview.
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA, including Chemistry and another science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with Distinctions in 36 Level 3 credits, including Chemistry and Biology units, plus Merits in 9 Level 3 credits. Applicants are also interviewed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.