The flexibility of the modern languages part of the degree means you have the option to study archaeology with either one or two of these languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
You can study Italian on this degree but only alongside a second language as well as archaeology. Luxembourg Studies is available as an option from year two onwards, either on its own or with a second language and archaeology.
- In this Archaeology and Modern Languages and Cultures programme at University of Sheffield , you can take any language from beginner's level, and you can take French, German, Russian or Spanish post-A Level (or equivalent).
- You'll develop your communication skills in your chosen language or languages to a high level. Optional modules include linguistics, literature, society and politics, history, philosophy and film studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Archaeology Matters
- Archaeology and Text
- Minoans: Crete in the Bronze Age
- Primate and Human Evolution
- Science in Archaeology
- The Ancient Greek Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Modern History View 1082 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | BBC, typically including a modern foreign language + B in a relevant EPQ
- International Baccalaureate | 33, typically with 5 in Higher Level in a modern foreign language
- BTEC | DDD in a relevant subject
- Scottish Highers + 1 Advanced Higher | AABBB+B typically including a modern foreign language
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AB, typically including a modern foreign language
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with Distinctions in 30 Level 3 credits + Merits in 15 Level 3 credits
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19050 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.