Take courses at the Music Business BM program from New York University and gain valuable experience through internships as you prepare for a career working for music publishers, performance venues, music broadcasting organizations, and more.
What You’ll Learn
Your course work will include a blend of:
- Music business specialization courses, including classes in music publishing, concert management, entrepreneurship, and the international music business marketplace
- Music classes in music theory, aural comprehension, music history, keyboard skills, and music in contemporary world cultures
- Liberal arts core classes in writing, arts and humanities, macro- and microeconomics, and mathematics
- Courses at the NYU Stern School of Business, including marketing, financial accounting, management and organizational analysis, entertainment industry analysis, media planning, and entertainment law and finance
- Music Theory
- Music History
- Music in Contemporary World Cultures
- Business Structure of the Music Industry
- Concert Management
- Music Publishing
- Music in the Media Business
- International Music Business Marketplace
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Music Event Management View 2488 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
National58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.