Why enrol on this programme
This three years or four-year international route Bachelor’s of Art in Illustration will introduce you to the fundamentals of the creative industry and will give you the opportunity to refine a career path.
The Illustration (Hons) programme is offered by Berlin School of Business and Innovation .
This programme has been selected by BSBI from among the many prestigious international degrees offered by University for the Creative Arts.
This degree programme fosters an engaging and practical approach to illustration. Students are encouraged to develop their own unique approach to the subject, gaining the skills they need to thrive in their future careers. Our broad approach in teaching methods within this course includes a special focus on narrative and drawing practice as well as critical analysis, workshops and collaborative live projects. The course will enable you to develop your
analytical and technical skills. You’ll explore innovative approaches to the subject with access to a studio environment, combining all your newly acquired skills within in a dynamic and inventive visual storytelling final project.
Why study in Hamburg:
- Hamburg ranks high in livability indexes and “best places to live” surveys. For several years, the Greater Hamburg area has been named as the European Union’s most affluent region.- Source: Economist Intellignce Unit
- Diversity - German citizens make up 71% of Hamburg’s inhabitants, Non-nationals make up 14% of Hamburg’s total inhabitants and there are 26.9% inhabitants with migrant background. Source: Council of Europe
- Hamburg shows it is at the heart of the creative industries within Europe. Designers and illustrators can benefit from digitization and the positive economic situation in Germany, did you know the industry has had an average growth of 4.1% until 2014-2019 in the communication design industry? Source: Ibisworld.com
- Exposure to established creative agencies: Study in Hamburg and be close to creative agencies like Jung von Matt, Blynk, Serious, Paperlux Studio, Sum.Cumo. Better yet, be near to start ups featuring client portfolios reaching from BMW, Google, Airbus to Mercedes Benz and Mc’ Donalds.
- Opportunities Abound: Of 1.2 Million employed in the creative industries, over 30%, around 472k are based in the software/gaming industry. Source: Statista
In Hamburg, the software and games industry accounts for 28% percent of the workforce. Source: Monitoring report culture and creative industries 2019 on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). ZEW - Leibniz Center for European Economic Research GmbH Mannheim. Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI. December 2019
Portfolio Scholarship Competition:
Join the BSBI portfolio scholarship competition and showcase your creativity! Applicable to the Faculty of Creative Industries programmes awarded by the University for the Creative Arts that are offered on the BSBI Hamburg campus.
- Best Portfolio (Study for Free!): 1 Student | 100% Scholarship on Tuition
- Second Best Portfolio: 10 Students | 50% Scholarship on Tuition
- Third Best Portfolio: 20 Students | 40% Scholarship on Tuition
Submission deadline: 30 November 2021.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the programme's website.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 12 other Bachelors in Design in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Berlin School of Business and Innovation and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum Age: 18 (titles awarded upon completion of at least 12 years of schooling)
- For direct Year 1 BA entry you’ll be required to submit an online portfolio via our BSBI Applicant Portal.
- Academic qualifications: A school leaving certificate with a pass to pursue higher education in Germany e.g. Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Matura. Alternatively, an international baccalaureate, international school leaving certificates, BTEC/national diploma or advanced vocational certificate of education will be accepted.
- If you do not meet the above academic requirements, applicants with professional qualifications and/or four years of full-time work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 36 months.
- €11,000 (International)
- €8,000 (EU students)
- Top Up €6,500 (HTK students)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Illustration (Hons).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.