After successfully completing this major, you will be able to:
- Recognize key historical milestones in the development and evolution of the field of public health with both US and international examples
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches and methodologies to explore biological, social, environmental, and structural aspects of health
- Compare health systems and policy in high-, middle-, and low-income countries
- Apply concepts of public health promotion and disease and injury prevention to engage in collaborative and culturally-relevant public health activities that, in turn, promote social justice
- Connect public health concepts to disciplinary training in the field of communicative sciences and disorders
- Describe basic human communication and swallowing processes, including their biological, neurological, and acoustic bases in children and adults
- Explain the development of speech and language skills, including cultural influences on basic human communication and changes across the lifespan
- Discuss principles and methods of prevention, assessment, and intervention for individuals with communication disorders
This Global Public Health and Communicative Sciences and Disorders BSc program from New York University is appropriate for students considering careers and/or further study in communicative sciences and disorders, public health, or public administration. You will be well positioned to pursue entry-level roles in government, nonprofits, consulting, schools, advocacy organizations, and international health services and programs. Possible positions include:
- Health educator
- Community outreach worker
- Health communications/marketing writer
- Research assistant
- Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteer
- Health & Society in a Global World
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Epidemiology for Global Health
- Health Policy in a Global World
- The Talking Brain: Typical and Disordered Communication
- Science of Language
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- Neuroanatomy and Physiology of Communication
- Phonetics and Phonemics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Public Health Neuroscience View 1318 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
National58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.