You will receive the basic training needed to teach to 6 to 12-year-olds in English. You will discover and be able to contrast theoretical and practical knowledge of how to be a teacher who meets the needs of an ever changing world. You will give your classes in English and acquire a generalist-type training, with the possibility of choosing from thirteen specialisations. If you are not interested in a specialisation, you can choose from a wide number of optional subjects instead.
If you are interested in discovering other cultures, you will be able to choose from 40 different European universities and participate in an Erasmus exchange programme at Autonomous University of Barcelona. The UAB also has practicum agreements with Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and the United Kingdom. Throughout your studies the English Studies degree coordinator will accompany you in the professional guidance process.
The main role of these graduates is the regulated and basic education of children (6 to 12 years). The main areas of employment for graduates are:
- Primary Education.
- Adult education centres.
- Hospital classrooms.
- Penitentiary classrooms.
- Specialist book publishers.
- Reception centres for infants and youths under the authority of the administration.
- Management of extracurricular activities in cultural companies and services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education and Educational Contexts
- Observing the World: Interdisciplinary Projects
- Educational Communication and Interaction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The ideal student for this course should have the following qualities:
- Motivation for the education and training of schoolchildren.
- Responsible and able to work in a team and form relationships.
- Observant and able to listen, argue, communicate, negotiate and reach agreements.
- Organised and methodological and at the same time creative and flexible with the capacity for analysis and to respond to complex situations.
- It is recommended that you have a broad knowledge in the scientific areas of the matters you wish to teach in.
- Good command of the official languages (Catalan and Spanish).
International1080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18 EUR per credit during 48 months.
EU/EEA1080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18 EUR per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.