Students in the Theatre program of the University of Minnesota are admitted by audition only and may specialize in one of the following emphases: Acting, Costume Design, Design & Production, Lighting Design, Musical Theatre, Scene Design, Stage Management, Technical Theatre.
Unique to a Theatre degree, students develop a vast variety of skills including:
- Critical thinking
- Public speaking
- Improving with feedback
- Project management
Career PossibilitiesYou can do ANYTHING with a Theatre B.F.A.! An education in Theatre shows employers you have creativity, communication skills, self-awareness, confidence, discipline, teamwork, experience, a cultivation of empathy -- skills that make you a strong candidate in ANY field!Theatre students go on to careers as varied as Actor, Arts Administrator, Author, Dance Teacher, Director Entrepreneur, Exhibit Designer, Fashion Designer, Lighting Designer, Producer, Scenic Designer, Stage Manager, and Sound Editor, just to name a few!
- Theatrical Design
- Technical Theatre
- Elements of Theatre
- Play Analysis: Dramatic Theory and Theatre Research
- History of the Theatre
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 1354 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your one-time $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Original or certified copies of ALL secondary (high school) records must be issued by the school in a sealed envelope and mailed to the university.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Photocopy of Passport: only required if a student is in need of an I-20 form for F-1 student visa.
- International students who will be studying at UMD on an F-1 visa are required to submit a completed Financial Certification Statement.
International19580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19580 USD per year during 48 months.
National18776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18776 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13576 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Duluth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.