The Environmental and Outdoor Education program of the University of Minnesota prepares students for careers in the broad field of outdoor education, including adventure education, environmental interpretation, sustainability education, and environmental education.
Graduates go on to work in a variety of settings, such as environmental education centers, natural resource agencies, nonprofits, adventure education schools, adjudicated youth facilities, and high adventure camps.
- Core degree components include outdoor education methods, physical skills development, program planning and delivery, management, evaluation, and principles of outdoor education and recreation.
- Development of outdoor skills.
- Students intern all over the U.S. and at many international sites (Australia, England, Finland, New Zealand).
- Theory/practice-based understanding.
Awareness of the value of outdoor and environmental education as part of healthy lifestyles and as an avenue for fostering environmental sustainability.
- Effective outdoor instruction.
- Grounds and facilities management.
- Natural resource management for sustainability.
- Business Owner
- Camp Adventure Director
- Environmental Educator
- Park Ranger
- Nature Center Staff
- Trail Guide
- Wilderness Therapy Instructor
- Outdoor Skills
- Technology in Outdoor Education
- Teaching and Learning
- Biology and Society
- Cross-Country Skiing
- General Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 3656 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your one-time $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Original or certified copies of ALL secondary (high school) records must be issued by the school in a sealed envelope and mailed to the university.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Photocopy of Passport: only required if a student is in need of an I-20 form for F-1 student visa.
- International students who will be studying at UMD on an F-1 visa are required to submit a completed Financial Certification Statement.
International19580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19580 USD per year during 48 months.
National18776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18776 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13576 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Duluth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.