The Computer Science program of the University of Minnesota requires each student to gain knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of computer science, including computer organization and architecture, data structures and related algorithms, and programming languages.
In addition, it allows for significant course work in a second complementary discipline. Students who complete this degree will have enormous flexibility and opportunity in their future careers and education since there is no discipline that is not touched in significant ways by computer science.
- Active learning environment
- Access to state-of-the-art instumentation
- Focus on undergraduate teaching and research
- An understanding of the application of programming languages in computer systems
- Ability to design, develop, and analyze significant software systems
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
The program requires each student to gain knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of computer science, including computer organization and architecture, data structures and related algorithms, and programming languages.UMD graduates in computer science are currently working for a diverse array of organizations, from small software engineering companies in Duluth and high-tech corporations in the Twin Cities to international leaders such as Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
- Computer Science
- Software Analysis and Design
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Computer Ethics
- Discrete Structures for Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 794 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your one-time $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Original or certified copies of ALL secondary (high school) records must be issued by the school in a sealed envelope and mailed to the university.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Photocopy of Passport: only required if a student is in need of an I-20 form for F-1 student visa.
- International students who will be studying at UMD on an F-1 visa are required to submit a completed Financial Certification Statement.
International19580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19580 USD per year during 48 months.
National18776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18776 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13576 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Duluth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.