About the Nursing (Blended Learning) Mental Health (Hons) degree at University of Huddersfield
- You’ll have the opportunity to study to become a nurse in a flexible way, that fits around work and life.
- The course is regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and led by committed and passionate lecturers who are research active with experience across the mental health nursing spectrum.
- Alongside building your theoretical knowledge in lectures and seminars, you’ll be able to focus on your practical skills through simulation and group work.
- You'll practice and develop your skills through clinical placements in a range of statutory, private and voluntary services, in order to prepare you to pursue your career.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hear the experiences and viewpoints from service users and carers, who are part of the Public Partnership Group.
Mental health nursing involves working with people, their families, carers and communities, all of whom may experience the impact of mental illness. This includes people with formal diagnoses such as psychosis, bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression and personality disorders, as well as people who do not accept or recognise these diagnostic labels. Mental health nurses work within the framework to help people make sense of their own experiences.
The course is designed to help you become a confident, competent and compassionate nurse. Our mental health nursing team will support you to develop the intellectual, personal and professional skills you need to practice in this challenging and rewarding field of healthcare. After successfully graduating from the course you’ll be eligible to apply for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and work as a Registered Nurse in Mental Health.
This course provides a flexible way to fit study around work and life, using mainly digital technologies, but still including practical, hands-on experience. Although the theoretical component is predominantly delivered online, you’ll attend the campus in Huddersfield (or similar venue close to your home) for a maximum total of four one-week blocks for simulation and skills training. You'll do this in each year of the course, providing the opportunity for you to practise skills in a safe and controlled environment. You’ll also undertake practice placements across the NHS and healthcare organisations in a setting close to home.
- Becoming a Professional – Mental Health Nursing (Blended Learning)
- Mental Health Nursing (Blended Learning)
- Practice 1 (Blended Learning)
- Practice 2 (Blended Learning)
- Understanding Knowledge and Evidence for Nursing (Blended Learning)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 976 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBBat A Level . The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- 120UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- DDMin BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- NCFE CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma/Level 3 Extended Diploma at grade B.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits, 15 at Distinction, 30 at Merit.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.