About the Fashion Design with Textiles (Hons) course at University of Huddersfield
Having a creative eye and a talent for fashion design is only half the story. If you’re going to make it in the fashion industry you also need to have the practical skills and technical ability to succeed.
Why study Fashion Design with Textiles?
- You’ll develop professional skills in fashion design, innovative textile applications, fashion illustration and portfolio techniques, CAD, pattern cutting and garment manufacture techniques.
- We’ll support you in the application of a range of industry standard technology to bring your ideas to life and develop an awareness of sustainable practice.
- Our industry-facing approach, including the opportunity to undertake a placement year, will help prepare you for a career in this exciting and diverse industry.
Fashion Design has an 84.6% student satisfaction rating (NSS 2020)
This course is accredited by the Textile Institute, a worldwide organisation for textiles, clothing and footwear.
- Fashion Design Practice
- Critical and Contextual Studies
- Textiles for Fashion
- Fashion Design through Creative Cut
- Theoretical and Ethical Studies
- Major Project
- Advanced Fashion Design Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 222 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- BBB at A Level or equivalent.
- 120 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications or from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
- Merit at T Level.
- DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
- Pass in Diploma Foundation Studies in Art and Design combined with A Level or BTEC qualifications, to total an equivalent of 120 UCAS tariff points.
- As a centre of creative excellence, we look forward to hearing about your own creative experiments and ambitions through a discussion of your portfolio at interview.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.