About the Education with Psychology (Hons) course at University of Huddersfield
What impact do social development and emotional well-being have on educational progress and achievement? How does government policy affect young people’s education? This course explores these questions and more.
Why Education with Psychology?
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that can be applied to a range of roles in education, learner support, counselling and mentoring, educational psychology and more. This course is a recognised progression route on to primary teacher training.
- You’ll be taught alongside students on other courses in education and social sciences, allowing for an enriched learning experience in both subject areas. The course structure enables you to choose from a wide range of modules, giving you the opportunity to develop your particular interests.
- You’ll be encouraged and supported to undertake voluntary work experience to contextualise your learning in the summer term of your first or second year. There's an option module in the second year called Psychology and the World of Work. If you take this module you'll complete a work placement and reflect on your experience to support your future career progression.
Why study with us?
- We’re 6th in the UK for Education in the Guardian University Guide 2020.
- We scored 91.65% for overall satisfaction for Academic Studies in Education in the National Student Survey 2019. That’s above the national average of 85.75% for our subject area.
- You will be taught by research-active staff who draw on their own publications and professional experience to contextualise their teaching.
- We have a wide range of postgraduate opportunities through our teacher training routes and Master’s courses in education and psychology.
Explore key concepts in education and psychology and gain knowledge and skills that will support your progress into roles within teaching, learner support, educational psychology, mentoring and more.
- Theories and Strategies for Learning
- Issues in Contemporary Education
- Child Development
- Social Psychology and Personality
- Counselling Theory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Research View 478 other Bachelors in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Huddersfield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Apply through UCAS
- BBC at A Level.
- 112UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications or from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
- Merit at T Level.
- DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above.
In addition you must:
- Have GCSE English Language at grade 4 or above, or grade C or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme.
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate personal qualities and attitudes for working with children and families.
- Attend an interview, as required
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.