Key Facts of Chemical Engineering with Chemistry (Hons) at University of Huddersfield
Chemical engineering can be viewed as the most applied of the applied sciences, and with opportunities to make a difference in the world.
- Our Chemical Engineering with Chemistry BEng(Hons) course is accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Like the Chemical Engineering BEng(Hons) course, it provides in-depth coverage of modern, industry-relevant chemical engineering material from the fundamentals through to process design.
- Both courses are strong on chemistry, however the Chemical Engineering with Chemistry BEng(Hons) course provides extra depth in organic chemistry, on top of physical and inorganic chemistry, helping you to distinguish yourself in the employment market with employers who want chemical engineers who also understand the chemistry of the processes they are dealing with.
- Our course is also strong on systems thinking and practical skills, as well as emphasising and nurturing transferable and employability skills.
- Our teaching staff are educated to doctoral level in their respective subject areas and have expertise in specialist areas of chemistry and chemical engineering, as well as recognised higher education teaching qualifications and awards for excellent teaching.
- You'll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience using scientific instrumentation in our modern chemical sciences labs and pilot-scale rigs in our dedicated chemical engineering labs.
- In the third year of your course, you'll also have the chance to benefit from a work placement to see your subject in action and gain relevant real-world experience to enhance your future employment prospects. So, if you’re looking for a career in oil, fine chemicals, materials, food, pharmaceutical and many other industries, this could be just the course for you.
The chemical industry is an important industrial sector employing many chemical and process engineers, and chemical engineers are unique in being able to design chemical processes. But chemical engineers can do much more, and chemical engineering graduates find employment in many other sectors that value the numerate and joined-up thinking that characterises the chemical engineer and gives them their power.
As a graduate of this course, you may consider a career in a wide range of areas, including chemical manufacturing, environmental consultancy, nuclear engineering, scale-up and plant design, process plant trouble shooting, oil and gas, water, energy, food, research and development, patent law and teaching.
Previous graduates from our courses in the subject area of Chemical Engineering have gone on to work in roles such as Process Engineer at Spirit Energy, Process Operator at Dow, Process Engineer at Sterling Pharma Solutions, Safety Engineer at BAE Systems, Drilling Fluids Engineer at Halliburton, Junior Process Engineer at Manrochem Ltd, Radiological Safety Assessor at National Nuclear Laboratory and Graduate Functional Safety Engineer at 6 Engineering Ltd.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering Design
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow
- Chemical Engineering Labs and Inorganic Chemistry
- Transport Processes and Unit Operations
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Multiphase Systems
- Safety Engineering and Process Control
- Advanced Mass Transfer and Reaction Engineering
- Sustainable Industrial Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 1190 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Huddersfield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Apply through UCAS
- BBB at A Level including Maths and either Chemistry or Physics. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study, and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- Access to HE Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Chemical Engineering with Chemistry (Hons).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.