Why Business Economics (Hons) at University of Huddersfield?
Businesses are hungry for people who understand the core principles of economics. This specialist expertise can help businesses grow, develop and succeed.
The course focuses on key areas such as Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Business. Macroeconomics gives you the chance to explore how high-level factors such as incomes, inflation and consumption affect each other. Microeconomics looks at how individual businesses and even households behave, and how to develop models to analyse them in even greater detail. Business studies are aimed at analysing how economic issues are relevant in the business context, but also how business start-up and small enterprise develop, and how culture affects business and management
How will you learn?
You'll learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- During your study you'll study macroeconomics, which focuses on the importance of aggregate investment, consumption and what fuels economic growth.
- You will also have the chance to explore microeconomic theories and applications, which include sector specific practices such as competition, regulation and government intervention.
- You'll have the opportunity to develop a deep knowledge of how businesses operate and how managers make decisions, subject to resource constraints and competing economic objectives.
- In your third year we’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year that could see you working in a business and gaining real world experience.
- Throughout the course you'll have the opportunity to study mathematics and statistics for social sciences, and econometrics. The quantitative modules will equip you with the tools used by professional economists to evaluate the impact of economic policies and analyse contemporary economic, financial and business phenomena.
- During your studies you'll have the opportunity to learn how to use Industry standard databases, such as Datastream, alongside sector leading software packages such as Stata, R and Eviews.
- You should come away from the course being able to understand and respond to situations in the business world, using a framework that you’ve established during your study of economics.
We don’t expect you to be fully versed in business or economics before your course begins, as we aim to build up your understanding from first principles. We’ll also be looking at how mathematic tools can be used to analyse economic decisions. So any mathematics is very much applied rather than pure.
What subjects will you cover?
You’ll explore subjects such as an Introduction to Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Creativity and Innovation for Business and Leadership, International Economics and Applied Business Economics, Industrial Economics and Decision Science.
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Mathematics for Social Sciences
- Understanding Business Analytics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 152 other Bachelors in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB-BBCat A Level
- 120-112UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications
- DDM-DMMin BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
- 120-112 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.