Why Business Data Analytics (Hons) at University of Huddersfield?
The concept and importance of “data analytics” has been known for a while, but the last few years have seen a sizeable swell in interest and media attention. Recently, the ways in which social media companies use the data collected about their users have hit the headlines and has shown the enormous impact data analysis and usage has on our lives every day.
This course is part of NOVUS Lite, an innovation developed with the university in conjunction with the NOVUS Trust. The Trust is an industry-led organisation that focuses on developing talent in the transport, logistics and supply chain management sectors. Being part of the scheme opens up wider opportunities for work experience and networking with professional in the sector, and is valuable to your professional development. The course provides a fantastic opportunity to join the NOVUS Lite scheme, which involves a guaranteed third year placement, a paid summer placement and a company mentor (subject to availability). NOVUS company guest lectures and site visits are also a benefit of the scheme. To join, you will need to successfully pass a series of short assessments held at the start of the first year of your studies. For details of NOVUS Lite please click here
How will I learn?
You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- A degree in business data analytics would impart you with important transferable skills, such as data analysis, visualisation, data management, critical-thinking and problem-solving.
- Open up opportunities across industries as data managers, data consultants, business analysts, data scientists, consumer and market knowledge managers, chief data officers, big data architects and business and marketing analysts.
- The programme is designed to develop both technical and professional skills, technical in terms of data science, visualisation, database structures, and use of software – and professional skills in terms of the commercialisation of designed innovation and organisational decision making.
- You’ll learn to operate in the spaces between the IT and business disciplines and obtain the skills to both innovate in the new economy and commercialise those innovations. On completion you’ll possess the capacity to absorb and re-combine knowledge from different disciplines and innovate for the advantage of your organisation.
What subjects will you cover?
You’ll explore subjects such as Introduction to Data Analysis, Introduction to Business Analytics, Data visualisation, Applied Data Science, Data Analytics and creating value alongside Strategic Management and Economics.
- ASPIRE 1
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Data Analysis
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Understanding Business Analytics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 151 other Bachelors in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBBat A Level
- 120UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications
- DDMin BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Pass Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
- 120 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.