The Biomedical Science (Hons) course at University of Huddersfield will explore key subject areas such as blood science, anatomy, physiology and pathology, preparing you for a range of careers in healthcare including diagnostics and clinical research. By delivering a curriculum that is relevant to the needs of society, this degree will also provide opportunities for employment in other areas such as teaching, government agencies, pharmaceutical and biotech-industries.
- In the early stages of the degree, you’ll study alongside our other biological science students, building up your knowledge in the core subject areas of medical pharmacology, microbiology and biochemistry.
- In final year you'll explore some of the latest developments in biomedical science, guided by expert staff with doctoral-level expertise in a range of subjects.
- You'll study the prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of numerous chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, diabetes and heart disease. You'll also have the opportunity to explore the science of drug addiction and mental disorders such as epilepsy.
- You'll have the chance to use your creativity and technical skills, working as part of a team to solve problems in biology.
- In your third year, you have the option to step out of the classroom and into the real world on an optional work experience year working in a research lab or industrial placement. This is when you’ll really be able to see your knowledge in action, pick up valuable skills for your future career and boost your employability to help you hit the ground running after graduation.
Graduates from our Biological Sciences courses can consider a wide range of career options in areas such as medical research, the NHS, molecular sciences, medical genetics, pharmaceuticals, developing scientific patents, medical sales or marketing, medical writing and teaching.
This is a new course and therefore there are no graduates as yet. However, previous graduates from other Biological Sciences courses at Huddersfield have gone on to work in roles such as Clinical Bioinformatician at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Laboratory Technician at ALS, Microbiology Medical Laboratory Technician at IDEXX Laboratories and Nuclear Medicine Sales Executive at Bartec Technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Skills
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Medical Pharmacology
- The World of Microbes
- Haematology and Transfusion Science
- Infectious Diseases and Therapeutics
- Cell Biology
- Medical Genetics
- Immunology and Infection
- Mechanisms and Pathology of Cancer and other Chronic Diseases
- Practical Skills in Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences View 1039 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Huddersfield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Apply through UCAS
- BBC at A Level including a grade B in a relevant Science subject. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A-Level study, and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- 112 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications including a minimum grade B in a relevant Science subject at A Level.
- DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Alternatively, a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care is acceptable but must be accompanied by another Science A Level at grade C or above.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above to include modules in relevant Science subjects.
- 112 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications which should include modules in a relevant Science subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Biomedical Science (Hons).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.