About the Animation Production (Hons) course at University of Huddersfield
Animation is a lively and exhilarating medium that expresses story and character through light, line and movement. Whether putting together a compelling narrative, creating environments, storyboards and illustrations, or experimenting with new technologies and abstract forms of movement, the process of animation is rich and complex.
You’ll collaborate with other subjects in art, design and technology offering you the chance to encounter new materials, styles and production processes to give you a well-rounded experience. You’ll develop your own visual language and gain the technical skills to help your ideas take shape though illustration, 3D, film, stop-motion, and kinetic technologies. We’ll help you define your preferred area of interest early in the course, and you'll continue to develop your skills throughout.
- Work in a lively and dynamic studio environment and be encouraged to develop your creative and conceptual thinking, whilst being supported by our widely experienced, specialist tutors and technicians.
- Engage and experiment with the tools and technologies of other disciplines within the Barbara Hepworth building to develop experimental and expanded modes of practice.
- Be exposed to a range of inspiring guest speakers and participate in live sessions and workshops delivered by professional animators external to the University.
- Use our links with industry and professional practitioners to gain the opportunity to take part in live projects, national competitions, awards and exhibitions.
- Courses within the subject area of Art and Design aim to help you to develop the skills needed for roles such as director, producer, art director, storyboard artist, 3D animator/artist, modeller, VFX (visual effects) producer, motion designer, digital designer, advertiser, interaction designer, interface developer, effects/technical director, editor, production co-ordinator and runner.
- Graduates of our Animation degree have gone on to senior positions at The Mill, Man vs Machine, TILT (Amsterdam), Brown Bag and Territory Studios.**
- We can also support you in developing a career as a freelance artist or designer and in setting up your own company.
- Animation Studio 1
- Process and Production 1
- Animation Theory in Practice 1
- Animation Studio 2
- Process and Production 2
- Animation Theory in Practice 2
- Advanced Animation Studio
- Research and Development
- Animation Theory in Practice 3
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 747 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- BBC at A Level.
- 112 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications.
- Merit at T Level.
- DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above.
- 112 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.