- This course will help you become an independent thinker and innovative practitioner. You'll not only be able to engage with the world critically, imaginatively and creatively to secure your own career ambitions, but also actively help solve complex social, political and cultural challenges. It's your chance to go beyond traditional understanding of theatre and performance - to test and push boundaries – and learn to be a leader.
- The Theatre and Performance (Hons) programme at the Northumbria University may be grounded in the North East, but it takes an international and intercultural approach through partnerships across the vibrant Newcastle Gateshead area. This includes working with theatre and performance practitioners, cultural venues like Northern Stage, Live Theatre and the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, as well as organisations such as schools, care homes and local authorities.
- You'll explore the world's big challenges by innovating through your own creative practice. So, whether your role is as performer, director, writer, designer, critic or producer, this course will support you to thrive – whether working as a creative individual or collaboratively to stage timely, ambitious and culturally aware performances.
- Big Ideas in Theatre and Performance
- Theatre and Performance Encounters
- Performance Explorations
- Urgent ideas in Theatre and Performance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 354 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas, or the International Baccalaureate.
- Subject Requirements:
- There are no specific subject requirements for this course.
- GCSE Requirements:
- Applicants will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4/C, or an equivalent
- International applicants should have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each component (or an approved equivalent*).
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK Fee in Year 1: £9,250
- EU Fee in Year 1: £16,000
- International Fee in Year 1: £16,000
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.