It also offers flexibility as you can opt for a specialist pathway of study after your first year - meaning you can either continue with your BSc Biology degree, or choose to specialise in biotechnology or neurobiology.Whichever pathway you choose, there’ll be opportunities for practical work and the chance to apply your knowledge in real-world situations, which can include a sandwich year work placement, study abroad option or through work-related training in industry. This means the course is ideal for anyone considering a career in biosciences, or as a foundation for further study at postgraduate level.
As a Biology (Hons) graduate, you’ll leave with subject-specific knowledge, practical laboratory skills, research skills and more; enabling you to make informed contributions to the understanding of what underpins life here on earth.
- As a Biology graduate at the Northumbria University you’ll not only have gained expert, subject-specific knowledge but you’ll also secure a whole host of wider skills to support your future career choices, including data-handling, complex problem solving and project management.
- Biology graduates are sought-after in many specialist fields including biotechnology and medicine, scientific civil service, environmental protection, forensic science and science education, as well as by employers who value their high-level skills in communication, analysis and numeracy.
- Many of our recent graduates have gone on to work for leading global organisations including GlaxoSmithKline, Brenntag and Covance, whilst others have gone into teaching and research roles or on to postgraduate studies.
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Animal and Plant Biology
- Microbial World
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 945 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas, or the International Baccalaureate.
- Grade B in A-level Biology, or a recognised equivalent
- Applicants will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4/C, or an equivalent.
- International applicants shoud have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each component (or an approved equivalent*).
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.