You will learn how to critically examine different types of writing and be given plenty of opportunities to experiment with language, styles and formats. You also learn about the life of a journalist – whether you want to write for a newspaper, magazine, or online platforms.
The Creative Writing and Journalism (Hons) programme from Middlesex University Dubai will provide you with a solid foundation to enter a variety of industries of which require excellent writing, research and analytical skills.
Future Careers and Employability
Graduates will be well prepared to go on to careers in creative writing and/or journalism, and across a wide range of industries wherever good writing and critical thinking are valued. The course is also particularly useful in areas where work on analysing and producing language is central. This could include roles in: screenwriting, playwriting, copywriting, advertising, website management, PR, marketing, branding, and journalism. Students are also able to use the skills they’ve developed to work on their own short stories and/or novels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Journalism Skills
- What is Journalism?
- Character, Conflict and Dialogue
- Writing Creatively
- Multimodal Journalism
- Political Communication
- Arts, Lifestyle and Sports Journalism
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You are advised to apply as early as possible if you require a Student Visa.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature Journalism View 6 other Bachelors in Literature in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Middlesex University Dubai and/or in United Arab Emirates, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
We accept applicants from a wide range of different curriculums.
Indian Secondary School Certificates
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All State Boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55-70% overall
- Minimum Two or Three with grades A*A* / BBC
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma with 24 - 28 Points
American High School Diploma
- Students with American High School Diploma are eligible to join our Foundation programme. However, if you have passed the American High School Diploma with the university required GPA and SAT or ACT or AP Scores you may be eligible for direct entry into Year 1 of the undergraduate programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15955 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47865 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National15955 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47865 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.