Our Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Hons) Including Placement Year course at University of Bath gives you a unique chance to balance an understanding of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering sciences with a focus on systems engineering. You’ll develop a comprehensive knowledge of mechanics, materials, electrical and electronic systems and circuits. And you’ll explore the theory and practice of the latest mechanical and electrical technologies.
Being able to apply what you’ve learnt is an important part of your study at Bath. You’ll use theory in coordinated projects and laboratory work where you’ll design and develop products and systems.
Group and individual projects are a chance to explore creative approaches to engineering problems. You could design and build robotics, medical devices or sports and games equipment. You’ll also develop valuable skills to add to your technical and scientific knowledge. Through teamwork, problem-solving and management experience, you'll graduate prepared to work in professional engineering roles.
You’ll have access to facilities specially equipped for the application of electrical and mechanical engineering. We've designed our laboratories to be similar to industrial workspaces so you gain an insight into what it's like to work in a professional environment. These include laboratories for electric vehicles, robotics and autonomous systems design, rapid prototyping and a mechanical workshop.
We work with industrial partners to make sure our course content reflects the needs of engineering industries. When you graduate, you'll have the interdisciplinary skills needed across a wide range of engineering professions. You could go on to pursue successful careers in high-technology industries including electronics, power, automotive, robotics, aerospace or manufacturing. Some of our graduates continue their studies with us or at other universities for a career in academia or research.
- Accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology, licensed by the Engineering Council, to fulfil the educational requirements for a Chartered Engineer.
- Accredited by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, licensed by the Engineering Council, to fulfil the educational requirements for a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Digital systems design
- Modelling techniques
- Design and manufacture of electromechanical systems
- Signals, systems and communications
- Electrical systems and power electronics
- Integrated control systems design
- Fluid mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Robotics View 495 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Your application, especially your personal statement, should explain your motivation for choosing this degree and any relevant non-academic interests and achievements. Your application is more likely to be successful if you demonstrate a strong interest in mechanical and electrical engineering through relevant reading, extracurricular or co-curricular activities, or work experience.
- You will need a strong performance in both Mathematics and Physics or Engineering as part of your entry qualifications.
- We know that the context in which you are studying can have an impact on your ability to perform your best in exams and coursework, or limit which subjects or qualifications you are able to study at your school or college.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.