If you’re interested in the drug discovery process and want to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry, Chemistry for Drug Discovery (Hons) Including Study Year Abroad is the course for you.
You’ll gain a solid foundation in chemistry with a focus on how drugs and medicines are designed and made, how they work and why they’re successful. Major pharmaceutical companies have contributed to the design of the course so you can be sure your studies will be relevant for industry. You’ll develop in-depth knowledge of the drug design process, and the skills to carry out experimental and computational drug discovery projects.
Tailor to your interests
You’ll be able to specialise in areas that interest you most with optional units and a research project. Our chemistry degrees at University of Bath all have the same core units in the first year, giving you the flexibility to switch courses in the second year if your interests change.
Master's in chemistry
The Chemistry for Drug Discovery (Hons) Including Study Year Abroad degree provides you with the same core skills and knowledge of the bachelor’s but with a greater exposure to research and advanced practical techniques, including a major research project throughout the final year.
Accredited by The Royal Society of Chemistry for fully meeting the academic requirements for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inorganic synthesis, structure and reactivity
- Organic synthesis, reaction mechanisms and spectroscopy
- Principles of physical chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry laboratory
- Analytical chemistry
- Physical chemistry laboratory
- Organic chemistry laboratory
- Major therapeutic areas
- Computational chemistry laboratory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 671 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for studying your chosen degree. This might include relevant reading, voluntary or work experience, areas of interest from your current studies or other relevant extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Our typical offers for this course depend on the amount of science and mathematics you have studied before you join it. You will always need a strong performance in Chemistry and at least one other science or mathematics subject as part of your entry qualifications. If you have studied additional science or mathematics subjects the grades we require may be lower, as detailed in the relevant entry requirements section.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.