Are you thinking about a future career in computing, but would like some extra skills support before starting a university degree?
Then the BSc Computing with Foundation Year (Hons) course at the Berlin campus has been designed for people just like you.
The foundation year courses provide you with the extra support and skills needed to get started in higher education, helping you complete your full degree in computing with confidence.
During your foundation year you’ll study 6 modules that will prepare you with the skills you need to move on to your full degree course. Then, over 3 years you’ll study a total of 360 credit hours over seventeen modules.
In years 2 and 3, you’ll study the required ‘core’ modules and choose 2 ‘elective’ modules from a choice of 4 options. This allows you to select specialised modules which cover topics that you want to learn about the most.
- Arden University is regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government
- 96% of Arden University graduates are in employment 6 months after graduation
- Taught 100% in English
- Intensive, engaging and face-to-face teaching
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Using Numeracy, IT and Data
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Developing Academic Skills
- Structure of Business
- Technology in Organisations
Productivity and Collaboration Tools for Learning and Work (Core)
- Human Computer Interaction (Core)
- Data Analytics and Visualisation (Core)
- IT Project Management (Core)
- Systems Analysis and Design (Core)
- Advanced Databases (Elective)
- Digital Business (Elective)
- Object Oriented Programming (Elective)
- Ethics, Quality and Sustainability in Technological Environments (Elective)
- Data Mining (Core)
- Managing Innovation and Change (Core)
- Computing Project (Core)
Choose 2 from:
- Information Security Management (Elective)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (Elective)
- Distributed and Cloud Computing (Elective)
- Web Application Development (Elective)"
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 9 other Bachelors in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be able to study this course, we need to see that you have:
- At least 3 x GCSEs or equivalent that are less than 3 years old, OR
- At least 3 x GCSEs or equivalent, over 3 years old, with an accompanying CV OR
- IELTS 5.5 (no lower than 5 in any elements) or TOEFL 46-59 or equivalent"
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
€8,000 per year - € 1,000 per year early-bird discount (saving up to 3,000)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.