Life Sciences Education (Hons) from University of Pretoria trains pre-service teachers.
Educational psychologists, principals, researchers, programme evaluators, curriculum designers, computer education and training experts, assessment specialists, education policy analysts, community development workers and education law advisors working in national and international agencies and organisations.
- Assessment approaches and instruments
- Curriculum development
- Philosophy and social imperatives of education
- Life science education
- Educational research methodology
- Sciences curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences Teaching View 18 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and a relevant Teacher’s Diploma (e.g. BA + HED)
- or relevant bachelor’s degree and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree in Education (e.g. BEd)
- or relevant M+4 Teacher’s Diploma and relevant Advanced Diploma in Education.
International4615 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4615 EUR per year during 12 months.
National2308 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2308 EUR per year during 12 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - 40 000 – 60 000 ZAR
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.