Mathematics Education (Hons) from University of Pretoria trains pre-service teachers.
Educational psychologists, principals, researchers, programme evaluators, curriculum designers, computer education and training experts, assessment specialists, education policy analysts, community development workers and education law advisors working in national and international agencies and organisations.
- Assessment approaches and instruments
- Curriculum development
- Philosophy and social imperatives of education
- Mathematics and mathematical literacy education
- Educational research methodology
- Sciences curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 64 other Bachelors in Education in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Education and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and a relevant Teacher’s Diploma (e.g. BA + HED)
- or relevant bachelor’s degree and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree in Education (e.g. BEd)
- or relevant M+4 Teacher’s Diploma and relevant Advanced Diploma in Education.
International4615 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4615 EUR per year during 12 months.
National2308 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2308 EUR per year during 12 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - 40 000 – 60 000 ZAR
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.