On the comprehensive Computer Science and Software Engineering (Hons) programme from University of Birmingham Dubai, you will use advanced computer science software in state-of-the-art facilities, on our brand new technology enhanced ‘smart campus’. Our curriculum has been designed to give you a thorough education in the fundamentals of computer science, with an emphasis on the skills required in industry for the first two years, whilst allowing you to go deeper into subjects of your choice in the latter years. Teaching is joint between academics on our Dubai campus, and our Edgbaston Campus. You will also have the opportunity to interact and work alongside students in our Edgbaston campus in the UK whilst you study at our Dubai campus.
Why study Computer Science and Software Engineering at Birmingham Dubai?
Global reputation for educational excellence – The School of Computer Science is a truly international place, and our world-leading academics specialise in areas relevant to modern-day issues. We offer the same first-class education as in our UK campus, by delivering the same high-quality curriculum and you will graduate with a degree from a global top 100 university.
- Research-led teaching - Our research feeds directly into your teaching ensuring your programme includes the latest developments in Computer Science, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Cyber Security.
- Flexibility - In your third year, you will be able to tailor your studies to the topics that you are most interested in, by choosing from a range of optional modules.
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will study in purpose-built facilities in our modern campus, fitted out with a range of advanced equipment and computer science software on our brand new, technology enhanced 'smart campus'.
- Exceptional learning environment - We have a real sense of community, with staff that are approachable and nurturing, which provides a collaborative and supportive learning environment for students. There is an excellent student to teacher ratio and multiple channels of support are available to students, via both physical and digital means.
A degree gained through completing our MEng Computer Science and Software Engineering course provides the skills required for a wide range of careers. It will give you a disciplined approach to analysing problems, with the ability to design creative solutions and critically evaluate the results. Employers are impressed by the combination of technical and transferable skills offered by computing graduates, and as such, you might find yourself in a variety of environments in academia, industry, research and commercial organisations.
These qualities, plus the prestige of a degree from a leading World Class University, make our graduates attractive to companies in the engineering sector worldwide as well as those in finance, consultancy and commerce.
- Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Theories of Computation
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Object Oriented Programming
- Full Stack Application Development
- Software Engineering and Professional Practice
- System Programming in C/C++
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 39 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements for maths, you may be eligible to take our maths entry test.
- 3 A Levels. Typical offer A*AA. A Level Mathematics grade A.
- If you are taking any reformed A levels, which include Biology, Chemistry and Physics taught from 2015, you must pass the practical element. General Studies or Critical Thinking not accepted.
- 7,6,6 – 6,6,5 at Higher Level to include 6 in Mathematics with a minimum of 32 points overall.
International29505 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29505 EUR per year during 48 months.
National29505 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29505 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.