The Mapping and Geospatial Data Science (Honours) programme of Newcastle University equips you with practical skills and knowledge in measuring, mapping, recording and managing information. You apply this knowledge to a range of areas, from urban and rural to coastal and the open sea.Your studies will include outdoor and computer-based practical work and you'll learn a wide range of techniques, such as:
- engineering surveying
- 3D laser scanning
- mobile map-making
You'll also gain an in-depth understanding of geodesy, photogrammetry, cartography, GIS and hydrographic survey and computing.
You benefit from a combination of field trips, project work and industry visits. This ensures you graduate with the technical skills required to succeed in the surveying sector.
Graduates from our surveying, mapping and geographic information science degrees go on to work for a range organisations, including:
- specialist land, air and offshore mapping companies
- central and local government agencies
- cartographic publishers
- suppliers of computer-based mapping technology and GIS
- utility companies
- civil engineering contractors
- oil exploration multinationals
- geophysical consultants
- Geographic Information Systems
- GNSS and its Applications
- Remote Sensing
- Data Science
- Geospatial Mathematics and Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Statistics View 422 other Bachelors in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. Preference will be given to applicants with mathematical, science-based or geography A Levels. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels, we require a pass in the practical element. GCSE Mathematics grade B or 6 required if not offered at A or AS Level.
- 32 points. Standard Level Mathematics or Mathematical Studies required at grade 5 if not offered at Higher Level.
International25200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.