The Medicine and Surgery (Hons) programme from the University of Birmingham you will learn from passionate researchers, academics and clinicians in world-class settings with a focus on hand-on, apprentice-style experience. You’ll learn alongside other health professions for the most comprehensive, real life, learning experience and have the unique opportunity to see a vast range of illness, learning from a diverse population of over five million people.
As a Birmingham Medical School graduate, you will thrive in the workplace as you to apply your knowledge and skills to ensure that patients are cared for safely, effectively and with compassion.
Whether you have a clear idea of where your future aspirations lie or want to consider the broad range of opportunities available once you have a Birmingham degree, Birmingham Medical School and our outstanding Careers Network can help you achieve your goal.
After graduating from Birmingham Medical School and completing two foundation years, you’ll be in a position to apply for posts in your chosen speciality. For most of our graduates, these are hospital and primary care posts in the NHS, however there are also opportunities in laboratory-based disciplines, research and commercial fields such as the pharmaceutical industry, politics and medical journalism and the media.
- Community Based Medicine
- Foundations of Medical Science and Practice: Immunology, Health Care Provision, Cardiovascular and Renal Science
- Foundations of Medical Science and Practice: Brain, Decision Making, Reproduction and Cancer
- Professional and Academic Skills
- Regional Anatomy
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 522 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Number of A levels required:
- Not accepted. Critical Thinking is also not accepted. Other non-standard subjects may not be accepted. Please contact us for advice.
- Higher level: 7,6,6 from Chemistry and Biology and one other approved subject.
- Standard level: The subjects must include English and Mathematics if not offered at the higher level (Maths Studies is acceptable).
- Minimum of 32 points must be attained
International26640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26640 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
- £26,640 (International - pre-clinical years 1 and 2)
- £44,100 (International - clinical years 3, 4 and 5)
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.